Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Good lookin' & cookin' ; )

The weather has been GORGEOUS, very hot.  This life, I can definitely do.  I looove walking around town with the "lazy dayz" atmosphere, drinking a nice bottled beer fresh out of the fridge, lounging around my deck with Baker or the Lambda Chi house with some of the brothers... Even my old nemesis, getting into a hot car after it's been baking in the sun for hours, doesn't bother me right now.

Not having school weighing on my mind is a huge load off.  I am kicking butt at work, and then get to actually enjoy some extensive downtime with my friends & loved ones.  This is just what I needed right now.

I've been missing my parents and wish that I could hang out with them down in the desert.  It's really cookin' down there, but it's the perfect time to use the pool & relax.  I'm jealous that Timothy is just a 2 hour drive away.  I wish that southern California wasn't on the opposite part of the West Coast from me.  Mom wants me to come join everyone at their lake house rental in Minnesota this summer.  That'd be really awesome, but even working full-time, I'm still stretched thin right now financially.

I got a guinea pig back in April, Theodore, who was a really awesome little guy.  Unfortunately he developed digestive complications last week & died at the WSU vet hospital.  Now I have his vet bill, my own doctor's bill from when I got my foot looked at (a fruitless x-ray that the nurse recommended, and now I have to pay for - stupid), a late fee on my rent because my paycheck came after the due date, etc.  I'm looking into ways to generate some additional income beyond just my pool stuff.  I'm sure it'll all even out soon enough; at least my August when my fam has the rental.

2 comments:

  1. Its amazing what sunshine does to one's outlook on life. Everything just seems better! I am having to learn to use the pool as a way to cool down and jump in more often. It sure helps.
    So sorry about little Theodore...and the vet bill. As for your bill...aren't you still on our ins? At least you should have been being a fulltime student. Sorry the finances are not covering your bases...we feel the same way right now. Just not enough to do all we want to do. UGH!
    Hope we can work it out to all meet up in Aug but dont stress over it. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Insurance doesn't cover x-rays, I don't think, or at least not fully. It's only $75, but that's a grocery trip or a tank of gas & spare change.

      Delete