Monday, August 22, 2011

Back 2 School

I am laughing to myself because now that the fall semester has finally begun, I seem to have an abundance of time on my hands.  So far I've only scheduled myself to work about 20 hours (hours are already scarce for everyone right now because there are no swim lessons for the next 3 weeks), so that's given me a couple of days off.  I'll be heading into the office today (probably pro-bono) just to get a head-start on making the schedule for tomorrow, so I am not spending 6 hours on it tomorrow after class.

Another huge plus is that I am no longer stressed out about passing my Chinese exam, because after meeting with my professor on Friday, I successfully made it into Chinese 203 for the fall.  Phew! SUCH a relief.  I'm so excited to be advancing in Chinese AND to not have to self-study anymore (apart from the out-of-class work, which is sort of given).

I met with the campus representative of the Boren scholarships, which is my primary focus vis-à-vis study abroad funding for CET Harbin.  She was extremely helpful, actually, and I think she'll be an excellent resource.  I really hope I can pull this scholarship off; I've actually never won one before, apart from a little recurring one WSU gave me for academic merit that expired a year ago.  I'm going to be working really hard for it though, and I feel like it was tailor-made for me.

1 comment:

  1. I love your optimism, and I'm happy for you that you've found your passion. Don't stop blogging, please =)

    ReplyDelete