Sunday, July 17, 2011

Holiday at the Sea

Greg and I have a long checklist of fun things we'd planned to do together this summer.  Much of it was accomplished, such as visiting the Wildlife Safari, hiking Spencer's Butte, going boating with our friend, running a lot, and so forth.  One of the other things was taking trips to the Oregon Coast.  This being my final weekend in Eugene, Greg took advantage of this opportunity to kindly book us a beachfront hotel room in Lincoln City for Saturday.

Our gorgeous hotel room, complete with a fireplace!

Greg out on the balcony off our room, such a magnificent view


We just got home this afternoon, smiles on our faces and salt on our skin.  It was very lovely and relaxing to get away.  While it didn't seem to stir up the romance as we'd expected, I think we both enjoyed the time together, exploring the beach and stomping through the waves.




More often than not, having lived up here for quite a few years now, I find myself vastly preferring this sort of simple beach style with beautiful mountains and rugged coastlines to the popular, cliché Californian beaches of my childhood.  Beautiful as they are in California (don't get me wrong), it was so simple for us to come to this amazing, clean, relatively empty beach and get an ocean front room here in Oregon.  It's the secret of the Northwest.  I like to think of it like the road less traveled by, which will always be the road I choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment