Saturday, July 2, 2011

Summer summer time

Life is saturated in signs of summer these days.  In fact, ever since I moved here a month ago, the weather has been really lovely.  Only more recently has it begun to get very hot (circa 80˚+ F, 27˚+ C).  Usually it has been high 60s to mid 70s, which is extremely comfortable to me.  Not complaining about the higher temps though, and they couldn't have come for a better weekend (Independence Day).

A delicious summer snack plate I put together this afternoon, complete with homemade sweet tea.
In light of my increased running escapades (yesterday Greg & I put in a really solid 9 miles!) I had been in desperate need to update my running shoes.  My last pair was 2 years old and had more than a healthy dose of miles on them, as I used to work them really hard on a regular basis.  Sad to see them go, but so excited about my new pair I got at Eugene Running Company.  They are so beautiful and super comfortable.

My new pair of running shoes.

In other news, I had an interview today with the Director of Reception at the Downtown Athletic Club, who really liked me, and wants to get me trained and working early than originally thought.  I officially have three jobs.  Paula mentioned wanting to get me started as a Manager-on-Duty by October, so my former unemployment woes have turned into a mess of overemployment - Haha!

I'm really missing studying Chinese.  I've been doing a bit of review and I have a cool flashcard program on my computer, but I really like speaking it and learning new characters.  At least that means I'm still very excited about my area of study/intended area of future employment!

No comments:

Post a Comment