Tuesday, June 7, 2011

je suis arrivé à Eugene

I have finally moved to Eugene, Oregon, and have been here for a little over one week.  I really like the town so far, vis-à-vis the beauty and there is an awful lot to do.  It's a big place, actually, so one will encounter the full spectrum of individuals from not so friendly to extremely jovial, and from super liberal vegans with tie-dye and dreadlocks to cowboy hat-wearing rednecks.  I like the diversity.

Thus far, I have:
 • accidentally taken my dog, Grace (she used to be mine, before my parents seized her, and now I am petsitting her for them while they travel), for a 5 mile walk.
• volunteered at the Steve Prefontaine Classic track & field meet, which got me free admission & a sweet dry-fit t-shirt, but I ended up cutting out early because nobody gave me anything to do.  Cool to see all of those incredible athletes, however.

• gone out to a country bar called Whiskey River, where I was tactlessly hit on by what had to be the only gay redneck there.
• worn myself out after just a 4 mile run, because my running stamina is embarrassing right now, which I do NOT understand.
• not gotten a job.

I feel like I am waiting for everything to start, which I am sure will come once I finally get my own job.  I'll be really strapped financially until then.  How the hell did this happen? I've had a good job for the past two years, and now I'm back in square 1.

2 comments:

  1. Let me follow your blog so I don't forget to read it. Please and thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have a blogspot account, you should be able to click "Follow" in the very top left hand corner next to the little search engine. Is it not letting you?

    ReplyDelete