Thursday, June 16, 2011

Last post of the week

Just an update on my job situation: I have my 2nd interview with the Director of Operations (Paula) at the Downtown Athletic Club tomorrow morning.  I also heard back from the Aquatics Director, who is really eager to get me teaching water fitness classes Monday & Friday mornings, so she mentioned she would put some pressure on Paula with regard to getting the ball rolling as soon as possible.  All good news for me.  I am really looking forward to having a big kid job.  I feel like I will be one of the youngest people working there; it's nothing like the other fitness centers at which I've worked.

Brief fitness blog: I have taken to mixing up workouts I develop myself with the workouts in the Insanity DVDs Greg and I use.  My favorite thing to do more recently has been a sequence of regular push-ups, triceps push-ups, and other arm work using a 30 lb dumbbell, then doing one of the abdominal workout DVDs, and then repeating the upper body workout.  Today I did Insane Abs, which is about 35 minutes of pain.  I felt it necessary preluding this weekend, however.

Tomorrow afternoon, Greg and I are driving up to the Gorge Amphitheater to camp out with some of our good friends.  Saturday night is the Tim McGraw concert, with Luke Bryan and the Band Perry opening! It's going to be such an awesome time.  If it's not apparent, I've been really into country music the past few months.  Plus, any time at the Gorge is super fun.  I love the friends we're going with too.  I went to see Jack Johnson with them at the Gorge back in October.

We'll be gone until Sunday, so I look forward updating about the concert then.  Good times ahead.

See you space cowboy...

No comments:

Post a Comment